Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The gate is open, come on in...

This is where I hide the junk and organize the craziness! It has a door, so we don’t have to look at it when we need to give our eyes a rest. I feel very fortunate to have a space dedicated to my art. This is Key West however, so space is limited. Sometimes when we have guests, the air mattress goes into this room to take care of the overflow. I do give our family and friends the courtesy of covering up the mannequin head and hiding the jar of teeth.
I think that for an artist I am very organized. This stems from my Mother, a treat I am grateful she passed on to me. A good friend of mine gave me a label maker, which has really helped me. How else would I remember where I put the rusty nails or dice? I keep adding storage boxes because this stuff grows! Having it all around me while I work gives me inspiration. While I’m working on a piece I’ll rummage thru the stuff, and something will tell me “You need to add me,” so I do. I try to be a good listener.

No comments:

Post a Comment